GAMM Student Chapter Science Slam
⇊ Abstracts are now available below ⇊
The GAMM student chapters from Hannover, Bochum and Hamburg are organising a pretty special event: a joint Science Slam in Hannover! The idea behind the event is to gather young researchers (PhD/ MSc) working in the areas of maths and mechanics for a more informal exchange of research ideas and experiences. So this is not an ordinary conference! Especially if you haven't presented something at a big conference yet, e.g. because you are at the beginning of your PhD or writing your master thesis, this is the perfect event for you: In a 10-15min talk you can illustrate the question you are working on: Why is it interesting? What is your idea how it could be solved? What kind of applications does it have? And all that without the potential pressure of a big conference and for work in progress with open questions.
As an ice-breaker, we will start with a talk from someone who transitioned from research in academia to research in industry. With a social activity and joint dinner, there will be time to meet fellow researchers from other universities and discuss your ideas.
Interested? Here are the hard facts:
- When? Friday, June 30th
- Where? Hannover (Welfengarten 1). Check your local chapter news for information on joint travel.
- How much? If you are a member of a participating GAMM student chapter, the costs for you, including joint travel, coffee breaks and the social activity, are covered. Dinner will not be covered.
- What is the program? Check the flyer below for more information!
- Do I have to be funny? Since it is a Science Slam, we appreciate a joke or two, but if this is not your style, don't worry. As long as your talk is accessible to people with a background in maths or mechanics, that's fine.
- Anything else to know? Please note that the registration is binding and in case of cancellation you will be responsable for the cost caused by it.
The registration deadline was May 17th 2023.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us. We are looking forward to many registrations and an exciting and fun day in Hannover!